About

Friday 30 March 2012

Finally got around XCode 4.3 (from Xcode 3)

After a span of almost 2 years, I got to submit my latest iPhone application (nothing fantastic, but a simple hindu pray app) on iTunesconnect. I guess while waiting for it to be approved, I might as well blog a little bit about XCode 4.3.1 since the last version I used before this was XCode 3! Yeah, that was light years ago (calibrated to Apple's speed of innovation).


The whole layout looks much more cleaner to me. It was slightly difficult to navigate initially considering that everything was in different windows in the older version. But then I got up to speed quite fast given that I was guided by Beginning iOS5 Application Development by Wei Meng Lee. This is my 4th iPhone application development book and I must say that it is written in a way that is easy to pickup for intermediate level programmers. Beginners might find the book interesting too, IF you have prior knowledge of objective C.


There's quite a bit to ramble about the new interface but I'll leave it to the pros. One thing that I really found interesting and convenient was the application loader. Didn't have that option previously. Archiving and submitting to the app store is a breeze now. Just follow these 3 steps:

1. Create your app link on http://itunesconnect.apple.com
2. Validate your application and check for any errors using the application loader
3. Upload your binary file using the Distribute option on the application loader

No need to manually create anything - including the ipa file. Everything is taken care of by the application loader. Pretty cool right? So how do you open Application Loader? The easiest way for me is Xcode --> Open Developer Tool --> Application loader. As easy as 1,2,3! Got any more questions, fire away in the comments section and I'll try to help. Ciao fellow programmers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons