About

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Would I get the iPad 3? Oh yeah baby!

So the cat is out of the bag - the specifications of the iPad 3 have been leaked out on cyberspace. It just seems like Apple can't hold their secrets anymore, not much different from an old grandpa struggling to control his bladder. Every year you see them "splashing" their news around in bars or some weird places where there are a ton of people who would obviously notice their stupid antics.

(photo courtesy of www.thetechlabs.com)

But having said that, I'm beginning to like the iPad 3 already. I was one of the few who paid a premium to get the iPad 1 (initially called THE iPad) in Singapore and my colleagues still have a good laugh about it. But I was just so much in love with a gadget that was 10 times the size of my phone and could do everything similar other than make a phone call. Pretty cool huh?

I even started getting comments like "So you have an iPhone, why do you need an iPad?". Duh... because its cool yeah? Tsk...tsk, some people! But seriously I found myself with an oversized iPhone and had absolutely no idea what to do with it until I started downloading the so called business apps. Yes, the iPad is a wonderful tool for the sales guy/jet-setter.

I started downloading presentations and wow-ing customers. I could actually crunch my numbers using Numbers (no pun intended). And then the best thing that actually happened was the stylus + Penultimate combo. I could take meeting notes without a pen and paper and I could even easily email it off to my colleagues - as long as they could understand my handwriting.

When the iPad 2 came out, it was a huge disappointment for me. A dual core and a camera wasn't enough to make me upgrade. A Camera? Seriously? Didn't we want pocket size cameras in the first place? Somebody must seriously be smoking something weird in R&D.

But then finally I think the specifications of iPad 3 is pretty sweet. Quad core - damn that must be fast. 3D Retina display, to watch those awesome HD movies (not home movies yeah...). Its got a better battery and even LTE support - which is future proof I suppose. So why not, its been 2 years since I blew my money on an Apple product anyway. So yes, I will get an iPad 3 - that's one of my 2012 resolutions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Coupons